Convert CD Track(s)
Blaze MediaConvert converts CD audio tracks directly to MP3,
OGG, WMA, or WAV formats. The Convert CD Track(s) command provides a FreeDB auto-save
feature, which enables track title, artist, and album information to be dynamically
downloaded from the Internet CD database. The information is then used when
converting CD tracks to WAV, MP3, WMA, or OGG. You can configure this feature
to use as much or little of the information in any preferred order. Of course,
you can also disable this feature if you do not wish to be connected to the
Internet while converting CD tracks.
- Insert an Audio CD into the CD-ROM drive. If you have more than one CD-ROM
drive, you can select the one you want to use from the Device drop-down list.
You can also change the speed by selecting the speed from the Speed drop-down
list but unless you are having problems or specific preferences it is best
to leave the speed at Default.
- In the main window, click Audio > CD Track(s).
- If you want to get the track titles from the online CD database, make
sure the Retrieve
Track Titles from the FreeDB option on the window is enabled.
- If you are having difficulties with the conversion or want to define
specific preferences, click Configure
on the File menu.
the tracks you wish to convert.
the format (MP3, WAV, OGG, or WMA) to which you want the selected tracks
to be converted.
- Select the quality
and compression settings for the output files from the list next to the
- Click on the Convert button or select Actions > Convert Audio Track(s).
This begins the conversion process.
- If you click Enable
FreeDB Auto-Save, the files are named according to Auto-Save
- After your initial conversion, the options selected are saved. Therefore,
for future conversions, you would need to only perform steps 1, 2, 4, and
- Set the audio format for complete control over file size or quality.
The following options appear on the File menu in the CD Tracks dialog box: